Friday, April 1, 2011~

Hume Lake Spring Women's Conference 2011

This last weekend we had our spring women's conference up here at Hume Lake.  Despite snowing on the last day, everything went smoothly and we heard a lot of good reviews.  Saturday night I made the alfredo sauce for our alfredo bruschetta chicken and it turned out delicious!  Someone even used "life-changing" in conjunction with it.  Although I hope the alfredo sauce was the least of the life-changing events last weekend, I'm posting the recipe below anyways for your culinary enjoyment.


Since the beginning of our spring conference season this year, I've kind-of inherited the role of garde manger chef.  I've been put in charge of preparing the garnishes for our carving boards and buffet lines, which I've fallen in love with.  I'm still stuck with a paring knife and razor blade as my tools, but our head chef said she'll bring her set in so I can use on the weekends.  Even so, I've found ways to be creative with the materials on hand.


One of my carving boards.  A true fruit basket!

Here's a link to my ongoing album of work, which I keep updated as I make displays.
My Fruit Displays (Facebook)







Alfredo Bruschetta Chicken Sauce
Makes 2 gallons

1 ½ lbs. bacon
1 ½ lbs. ground Italian sausage
1 c. minced garlic
2 lbs. cream cheese
2 lbs. grated parmesan cheese
1 ½ gallons heavy cream
1 gallon milk
¼ gallon heavy cream

1) Render bacon and sausage together in own grease over medium-high heat.
2) Add garlic and saute for 5 minutes, or until garlic is lightly browned.
3) Reduce heat to low.  Add cream cheese and parmesan cheese.  Stir frequently until melted.
4) Add cream ¼ gallon at a time, stirring to incorporate completely before next addition.  Add ½ gallon milk and stir in completely, then add remaining half.
5) Bring to low boil, stirring often and scraping bottom to prevent burning.  Reduce by ¾ gallon.
6) Blend well using immersion blender.  Finish with remaining ¼ gallon cream.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home